Match Report
AFC Hayes 1-5 Windsor & Eton

Posted By: Malcolm Wiliams

On: 14th December 2010

Comp: Southern Football League Premier Division

Windsor & Eton finally sealed their place in the third round of the Red Insure Cup with a 5-1 win away at AFC Hayes.

Numerous changes to the side from the weekend saw a debut handed to recent signing Richard Shittu.

The Royalists should have had the match sewn up in the opening ten minutes with Adam Bernard and Richard Shittu going close and Paul Robinson having a penalty appeal turned down.

They did take the lead on 15 minutes when a fantastic run from Jake Parsons saw the Windsor winger go round almost every AFC Hayes player before striking from outside the area to beat Mark Phillpot.

The hosts should have levelled the score not long after when Haitham Gabril headed Gareth Long's cross wide of the post when it looked easier to score.

Windsor increased their lead just after the half hour when Dwane Lee's free kick was headed down by Shittu allowing Robinson to finally register his first club goal.

Having gone four games without scoring it was always going to be the case of get one and others would follow and they soon did.

Just minutes before half time Jake Parsons slipped the ball through for Robinson and he made no mistake with beating Phillpot.

Robinson registered his hat-trick just after half time when he scored from the spot after Gilbert Nuako pulled down Ashleigh James.

There was still plenty of time for Robinson to add to his and Windsor's total when Shittu got on the end of a Parsons corner allowing Robinson to bundle the ball over the line.

The lead was almost further extended when another Parsons corner caused havoc in the Hayes area this time the ball coming off the bar and then the post.

AFC Hayes had the odd opportunity to try and salvage something from the night and when Jamie O'Danaghue turned Chris Barnes' free kick wide of the post it looked like they would never score.

But they did manage to pull one goal back when Long sent the ball into the box and Lee McManus just managed to beat Nathan Silver to the ball.

Michael Chennells was introduced for the final 20 minutes and he too could have increased the lead even more when he had two efforts saved by Phillpot and almost set up Adam Bernard.


AFC Hayes - Windsor & Eton
Mark Phillpot1Nathan Silver
Terry Smith2Ashleigh James
Gilbert Nuako3Leon Soloman
Daniel Murphy4Justin Clayton
Carlton Beech-Bra5David Woozley
Wesley Beckles6Sam Wadieh
Haitham Gabril7Jake Parsons
Dennis Maharjan8Dwane Lee
Jamie O'Donaghue9Paul Robinson
Luke O'Malley10Richard Shittu
Gareth Long11Adam Bernard
Danny Vincent12Michael Ewang
Chris Barnes14David Pearce
Lee McManus15Michael Chennells
Dale Welch16George Gould
Tom McNeill17Robert Bullivant


13' Paul Robinson
Windsor & Eton

15' Jake Parsons
Windsor & Eton

32' Paul Robinson
Windsor & Eton

43' Paul Robinson
Windsor & Eton

49' Paul Robinson (p)
Windsor & Eton

53' Paul Robinson
Windsor & Eton

55' Paul Robinson (off)
George Gould (on)

Windsor & Eton

59' Dennis Maharjan (off)
Chris Barnes (on)

AFC Hayes

59' Luke O'Malley (off)
Lee McManus (on)

AFC Hayes

69' Haitham Gabril (off)
Danny Vincent (on)

AFC Hayes

71' Richard Shittu (off)
Michael Chennells (on)

Windsor & Eton

76' Lee McManus
AFC Hayes

76' Sam Wadieh (off)
David Pearce (on)

Windsor & Eton